Sunday, May 30, 2010

Updating my life, or how the heck did I get here from there?

As a former SAHM with to many children and pets, I acquired a job and let my ebay store flounder, sadly, but a steady job is a good thing. However, we recently (like Thursday) discovered that the son will not be having his summer visitation with his mother and so summer day care had to be found in one day. Having secured safe and happy summer care for the child, now we have to figure out how to pay for this. We are currently not running the air except for a few hours in the evening, and I think we are going to have to invest in a fan or two in the interest of not running the a/c at all. The ferrets do not think much of this idea and keep laying on the tile floor looking depressed.
Other items subject to budget cuts include food, no more going out to eat (not that we did that much anyhow) , andy and all descritionary spending, and changing insurance carriers to get a better rate on the car insurance. We have decided to cut back on the grocery shopping and are now trying to get creative with the items in the back of the pantry. You know what I mean, the things you bought god knows when and now have to find a use for rather than buy soemthing new.
So last week I made ham loaf with cranberry mustard. It was remarkably good, especially since my husband hates ham. Hates. Despises. Avoids at all costs. I'll post the receipe later, but it was really really oddly good.

No comments: