Friday, April 10, 2009

Klepto ferret attacks

So they ferret has developed a new skill. He steals things. It started out small, fruit roll ups and the occasional bag of chips, but new he's graduated to the jumbo sized Lay's and ramen noodle packages. I'm chasing the wonder weasel around the house, trying to retrieve my lunch.

"Not for ferrets, hey, that's the last spicy chicken, bring that back RIGHT NOW!" Not very dignified, I admit, but we found his secret stash in the back room, and this is after wrestling several snack packs of chips and the aforementioned ramen from him, in a bizarre human/weasel tug of war. Which made me reason, I'm out of shape, (in my defense, he's waaay stronger than he looks) and he's sneaky.
He got back into the cart where I keep the kids snacks several times after we fought over the ramen! And putting him in his cage to keep him away from the snackies doesn't work.

He thrashes around, shaking the bars and throwing himself against the cage in righteous ferret indignation. I always relent and take Antti out. He's just sooo mesmerizingly cute. So back we go, me trying to pet the ferret and hold him (ha, he will not be contained, he is a wild, independent, klepto ferret!) and he breaking free and plotting the next attack of the snacks. Ah, I hear the crinkle of the 100 calorie pack now!

About me: When not wrangling ferret, I sell things on Bonanzle. Lots of books, great prices~
http://www.bonanzle.com/booths/fatseal

I also have 9 cats, 3 mice, a rat and hamster. And some kids.

No comments: